- Dezső Freund (1880-1960) graphics
- three color prints, lithographs
- Date: 1907
- Mark: “Freund 907”
- Serial number: 1791
Dezső Freund (1880-1960) Hungarian architect, graphic. Marcell Komor and Dezső Jakab worked in the architectural office.
Marcell Komor (1868-1944) Hungarian architect graduated in 1891 at the Technical University of Budapest and then went to work in the office of Alajos Hauszmann. After that period he worked for Ödön Lechner and was involved in the design of both the Geological Institute as the Museum of Applied Arts. Around 1897 he began, in collaboration with Dezső Jakab, an office. A joint venture that would last until 1918, and which was the most succesfull period in his career.
Like many architects, both architects had many assignments outside Budapest in areas which, after the Treaty of Trianon, in 1920 no longer beloning to Hungary. For example, in Subotica (Serbia) are many buildings to find designed by them.
Outside his work as an architect, Marcell Komor also worked as a journalist and founded the two times a week appearing magazine Vállalkozók Lapját. In most issues of this magazine he published articles about e.g. modern architecture and about the role of Ödön Lechner in the Hungarian architecture. Komor was one of the followers of the “Lechner style”.
|Dimensions||8.7 x 11.4 cm|